- God wants a relationship with each and every one of us. That’s why He sent His Son Jesus to take our sins upon Himself and bring us into that relationship.
We are all sinners by nature and choice.
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23)
- Sin separates us from God and we can’t cleanse ourselves from sin. We need help. But by taking our sins on Himself at the cross Jesus took the punishment.
We receive eternal life as a free gift.
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23)
- Jesus gave His life for us. Eternal life and a relationship with God is a gift from God.
God demonstrated his love for us.
But God showed His love for us since while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)
- We must trust and surrender to Jesus as Lord. It is a decision for us and a gift of grace from God. We cannot earn it by being a good person. That’s why Jesus died for us.
If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. (Rom. 10:9-10)
Dear God, I know that I am a sinner.
Thank you that you sent Your Son, Jesus to take my sins upon Himself because You love me.
Thank you that He died for me on the cross and was then raised to new life.
I want to follow You with my life. Help me to be the kind of person you want me to be.
- God promises that if we commit to following Jesus we will be saved.
Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved (Romans 10:13)
If you are starting a relationship with Jesus, talk to someone about this important step you’ve taken – ideally someone who is a Christ-follower and can support you in this.
Now you’re part of the Church and Jesus doesn’t intend for us to go it alone. Feel free to contact us at Diaspora Church firstname.lastname@example.org